Reset root password for virtual appliance (Capacity IQ)
This procedure works for all virtual appliance.
If you forget your password for logging in to the Admin Portal, reset the password.
1) In VI Client, start up the virtual appliance and go to the console for the CapacityIQ virtual machine.
2) Press any key to display the GRUB menu in the console.
3) On the GRUB menu, select CentOS (2.6.18-92.e15).
4) Type e to edit the line. A list of items in the CentOS configuration file appears.
5) Select the line that starts with kernel and type e to edit the line.
6) At the end of the line, press the spacebar and type single to indicate single-user mode.
7) Press Enter to exit edit mode.
8) On the GRUB screen, type b to boot into single-user mode. The virtual appliance boots in single-user mode.
9) Run the passwd root command to change the root password.
10) Run the shutdown -r now command to restart the virtual appliance. When the virtual appliance starts, you can log in using the new password.
Post a Comment